If you’ve been aware of the news for the last couple of decades, then you probably know that violence against women is widespread in all parts of the world. A lot of women suffer from harassment. The crimes against women such as rape, sexual assault, molestation, eve-teasing, and murder, are only a couple of examples. With that said, all women must be aware of the different ways on how to avoid danger and master self-defense.
What Is Self-Defense?
Self-defense is the ability to protect oneself. It is the art of mastering a technique that is useful in repelling an assault. It could be a forceful kick, blocking a punch, pushing, etc. In most times, self-defense can be a form of martial arts or anything that uses counter-attack. Take note that every woman must use her physical ability to be able to save herself from unwanted danger so it will be necessary to take self-defense lessons.
How Can Women Avoid Unwanted Danger?
- Always know the place you are in and make sure that you familiarize your way out in case of any unwanted circumstances. Avoid empty alleys and parking lots since those are potential places that an attacker can hide. Mark a nearest safe place that you can run whenever the situation gets out of hand. Look for people that can help you and remember to use the public as your defense.
- To reduce the risk of getting in danger, never go out alone with an unknown group of people. Always make sure that you spend time only with the people you know. Though hanging out friends is okay, it still doesn’t assure you of safety so always be aware of your surroundings at all times. Do not just trust anyone.
- Do not give your information to people you just met. Avoid risking your life by keeping your details with you. Avoid posting your location on social media. You can always share it on your wall, but not unless you are home safe and sound. Never allow people to follow your schedules.
- If you are in a relationship, allow your partner to know your current location. Send him detailed information about the place and the people you are hanging out with, or better yet, go out with him. Most attackers find it hard to do their crime if there’s an alpha male near their A Woman’s World: Ways To Avoid Danger target. So if ever you want to spend the night out, inform your spouse or significant other as early as possible.
- Learn to say no and avoid randomly accepting gifts from someone you don’t know. Though the intentions are good, always have the benefit of the doubt and check if receiving something is necessary to do. If you get stalked, do not be embarrassed to make a noise. It’ll scare your stalker away.
- By any means, always find a way to charge your phone. It is an essential tool that can help save your life. Keep away from draining its battery and make sure to turn on the GPS. On the other hand, do not get distracted by your mobile phone as well. It can also cause trouble when you spend too much time on it rather than paying attention to your surroundings.
Women are prone to all sorts of danger so as much as possible, they should avoid any situation, which they feel are bad for them. Never doubt a woman’s instinct.